Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mohnkuchen in Vienna

Mákossüti Bécsben

I so love this part of the world!
Annyira szeretem a világnak ezt a részét! 

In Central Europe and in Germany, poppy seed is broadly used for various cakes and in Hungary, we even have a couple of main dishes with it that everyone likes, so I grew up with this yummy stuff, un-imaginable for many in other countries. 
Közép-Európában és Németországban a mákot széles körben használják süteményekhez, Magyarországon pedig főétel-féléink is vannak vele, amiket mindenki szeret, így hát ezzel a finomsággal nőttem fel, ami más országokban elképzelhetetlen.

Oh, did I have a problem in all those years in Sweden where they only use it occasionally, to spread it on top of bake rolls, you can't just really buy it in the shops. Had serious cravings after Mákostészta & Co., but now I am back here, close to home and here in Vienna they have some variation of Mohnkuchen everywhere.  
Jaj, micsoda bajban voltam a svédországi éveim alatt, ahol csak alkalomszerűen használják a mákot, és csak arra, hogy a zsemle tetejét megszórják vele, és nemigen lehet kapni. Súlyosan sóvárogtam mákostésztára és társaira, de most, közel az otthonhoz, és itt, Bécsben  mindenhol lehet kapni valamiféle mákos süteményt.

Mohnkuchen, Vienna

The other small piece with the small cup of coffee was for an old lady who sat down to my table and we had a nice chat.
A másik kis darab a kis kávéscsészével egy idős hölgyé, aki odaült hozzám, és kellemesen elbeszélgettünk egy kicsit. 

Enjoying speaking Deutsch: I have lived in German-speaking areas for a bit more than 3 years and that was already 10 years ago - I speak it still much better than Svenska where I lived for almost 7 years, recently. Hm.
Élvezem, hogy németül beszélek: valamivel több mint 3 évig éltem német nyelvterületen, de az már jó tíz éve volt - mégis sokkal jobban beszélem, mint a svédet, ahol eddig majdnem 7 évet éltem. Hm.


*****

Beside being a singer and going wherever my performances take me, these are the top resources which make it possible for me to live one of my dreams and travel - they can help you as well to live as you would like to, have a look here